Saturday, July 23, 2011

Demi Lovato On 'Unfortunate' Pop Music



Demi Lovato Vh1 interview excerpts. Did you have to fight for 'Skyscraper'? I never really felt like I would lose the song in any way. What I mean by that is this. You know, sometimes you hear how demos of songs kind of fly around industry circles, and artists sometimes grapple to see who can record it first. Toby was a loyal producer. When he gave me the song, he gave it to me. I was pretty blessed.
Why do you think so many people connect with 'Skyscraper' when a lot of the Top 10 songs are about partying? It’s kind of unfortunate that pop songs have become so much about partying and about clubs, you know. There’s a time and there’s a place for artist to have some of those songs, and you know I have some of those feel good songs on my records, too. I think people will get sick of hearing about drinking all the time on the radio, because not everybody drinks. I’m not old enough to go to clubs and I have a hard time relating to those songs, so here I come out with a song that’s very emotional and I think that my fans really just cherish that. They’re not old enough to go to clubs, they’re not old enough to drink, and they have a song that they can relate to.
On Jordin Sparks drama: 'Yeah, Jordin is a buddy of mine and she actually did the background vocals on 'Skyscraper.' We wanted to keep those because it adds a lot to the song, I think she may have recorded it once maybe and I don’t really know what the situation was, but I know she did the background vocals and they were lovely so they kept them.
What's up next? What’s next for me is finishing up the record and getting it out there as fast as we can, I’m gonna be working with a lot of incredible people and I have worked with a lot of incredible people so we are really excited for it to get out there and do our thing, and hopefully release another single soon.. I don’t know, we’ll see!

source : oceanUP.com

No comments:

Post a Comment